The pace by which the biopharmaceutical market changes continues to increase. There are more products in development, more data being generated, and more complex issues that today’s biopharmaceutical leader needs to be prepared to address. Beacon can help clients manage this increased complexity by delivering comprehensive analyses that account for today’s and tomorrow’s marketplace, finding the key customer insights that will influence behavior, and ultimately defining winning strategies for our clients.
Beacon Consulting Group helps companies define winning, reality-based marketing strategies.
Typical Strategic Projects
- Strategic Planning & Forecasting
- These projects usually involve deep analysis of market, product, and competitors to gain previously unknown customer/market insights; followed by facilitated brainstorming sessions with a cross-functional team from the client; with the ultimate deliverable being a winning plan with a 5-10 year planning horizon.
- Components of these projects usually include: comprehensive analyses of today’s and tomorrow’s marketplace; thorough competitive/pipeline reviews; strategies that can change customer behavior; resource allocation recommendations based upon extensive experience; complete market-based forecasts that include competitors/pipeline products; and long term P&L analyses.
- Marketing Planning
- These projects usually begin once a winning strategic plan is in place, and build out specific plans over a 1-3 year horizon.
- Key components include: comprehensive analyses of marketplace (if not already conducted through strategic planning); thorough competitive reviews including key messages and estimates of promotional spending; customer-tested key message development; resource allocation recommendations including specific tactics; detailed, share-based forecasts; and annual P&L estimates.
- Portfolio Planning & Development
- These projects usually involve deep analyses of disease epidemiology, treatment trends, and current/future competitors to gain a thorough understanding of the competitive environment for a pipeline product.
- Typical components include: in-depth disease-state reviews and projections, in-depth competitive/pipeline reviews, and recommendations for indication focus, pipeline prioritization, and planning for pre and post approval resource requirements and profit expectations.
- Product/Market/Competitive Assessments
- These projects may be born from a key event in the marketplace (significant positive or negative data), a competitor who is preparing to launch, or simply a brand performance that is divergent from its expectations (in either direction!). Like a strategic planning forecast, these projects typically involve deep analysis of market, product, and competitors to gain previously unknown customer/market insights, followed by facilitated brainstorming sessions with a cross-functional team from the client.
- Components of these projects usually include an in-depth situation analysis conducted by Beacon, facilitated brainstorming sessions with a cross-functional team from the client, key competitive strategies likely to be employed (in competitive assessments), and recommendations for client-company product strategies and action plans.
- Sales Strategy
- Successful products need both winning strategies and winning teams. These projects usually involve in-depth analyses of sales team structure, staffing criteria, training, goal setting, and incentive compensation.
- Components of these projects typically include analyses of sales team structure, capabilities, and incentives; interviews with key managers and representatives, assessment time in the field, and winning recommendations for improved customer impact.